This page is devoted to interesting stuff I find on the web: articles, blog posts, videos, and anything else that I think is funny, fascinating, useful, and informative. Enjoy!
- 9 Attitudes of Highly Creative People (Darren Rowse)
- 10 Reasons Why Teaching the Arts is Critical in a Twenty-First Century World (Elliott Self)
- 10 Tips for Surviving and Thriving in the Last Two Weeks of School
- Digital Creativity (Iain Anderson)
- How to be Curious (Darren Rowse)
- How Do You React to Creative Thinking? (Real Teaching Means Real Learning)
- Methods of Creativity (Darren Rowse)
- Monetizing a Music Education Blog (Thomas J. West)
- Play Power: How to Turn Around Our Creativity Crisis (Laura Seargeant Richardson)
- That Famous Space Shuttle Photo: When is Sharing Stealing? (Bob Sullivan)
- The Importance of Critical Thinking (Base X)
- This is Your Brain on Glee (Susan Krauss Whitbourne, PhD.)
- Top Thirteen (15?) Free iPad Apps for the Music Class (Things to Come)
- Why Every Child in America Needs an iPad (Cult of Mac)
- 8-year-old Guitar Prodigy Stuns Audiences
- A Cappella: “All Along the Watchtower”
- A Cappella: “The Simpson Theme“
- A Cappella: “Thriller”
- Andy McKee: “Drifting”
- Beaker from the Muppet Show sings “Ode to Joy”
- Cirque du Soleil: “Quidam – Carousel”
- Eric Whitacre’s Virtual Choir channel
- Family Guy: “Music and Lyrics by Stewie Griffin”
- Family Guy: “Songs Named After a Girl”
- Kutiman: “Thru-Yu 01 – The Mother of All Funk Chords”
- Lasse Gjertsen: “Amateur”
- Lasse Gjertsen: “Hyperactive”
- O-Generator channel
- “What Teachers Make”: Slam poetry by Taylor Mali
- TED Home Page
- Arthur Benjamin Does “Mathemagic”
- Flipping the Classroom: Let’s Use Video to Reinvent Education (Salman Khan)
- Gaming Can Make a Better World (Jane McGonical)
- Robert Lang Folds Way-New Origami
CoralWatch is a non-profit organisation built on a research project at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia. They have developed an inexpensive, simple, non-invasive method for the monitoring of coral bleaching and assessment of coral health.
On a side note: my partner Craig Reid co-authored their book, “Coral Reefs and Climate Change”, which I helped to edit.
Use your mouse to paint like Jackson Pollock.
We declare the world as our canvas.